PwC Young Musician of the Year Competition 2020
February 29 @ 7:00 pm
With the exception of the previous year’s competition winner, all musicians residing in Jersey under the age of 19 years on 1 September 2019 and who have reached a comparable standard to Grade VI of the Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music/ Trinity College are eligible to enter this competition.
The PwC Jersey Young Musician of the Year Competition is part of Jersey Music Service’s provision of opportunities for young musicians in Jersey. It incorporates the well-established sectional competitions for String, Woodwind, Piano, Brass, Voice and Percussion. The competition has two stages; the heats and the final. The six sectional competitions act as heats, each heat will have one winner who will be invited to go forward to the final, held at the end of February, at the Jersey Opera House.
- Each heat winner will be awarded a trophy and a replica, two complimentary tickets for the final as well as a cheque for £100 which will be presented at the final
- All competitors will be awarded certificates
- All competitors may also be offered further non-competitive performance opportunities during the year
The overall winner will receive:
- The PwC Jersey Young Musician of the Year Trophy
- A cheque for £1,000
- An invitation to give a short performance at the final of the following year’s competition
In addition, the Jersey Symphony Orchestra (JSO) Award will go to one of the finalists whose performance demonstrates potential to benefit from a structured programme of participation with the JSO over the following year. The Award consists of a monetary prize of £200 to be spent by the winner on approved expenditure relating to the development of their musical studies.
Entries must be made online by Friday 22nd November 2019
Heats – Saturday 18th January 2020
Final – Saturday 29th February 2020 – 7pm – Jersey Opera House